Author Topic: Ok, here's what happened.  (Read 765 times)

Chaz

• High-Functioning, Friendly, Neighborhood Reprobate and Worst Buddhist Ever
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Ok, here's what happened.
« on: September 01, 2020, 03:42:41 PM »
For those former members, returning to the warm embrace of Free Sangha, here's what happened.

Anyone who's been on FS for a while will recall that our old server was spotty in it's performance.  Sometimes it would work great and other times, well, not so much.  These were due to issues that, sadly, were beyond our control.

A couple weeks ago the server tanked on us, making the website impossible to access.  Wonky and I discussed the issues and decide the best course to take was to create a new web sites and import the old database, including your accounts, and legacy data containing threads and so on.  Well, that import wasn't going so good, so rather than fight with it, and in light of the amount of traffic we've had, we decided to reopen the site with a fresh, clean database.

So, here we are.

While the site is functional, there are a few wrinkles to iron out, mainly in the area of spam.

A new TOS is being prepared and will be posted soon.

Mad Props to Wonky Badger for stepping up to help with the transition.

Welcome back!

Anemephistus

Re: Ok, here's what happened.
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2020, 01:13:47 PM »
Well....I'm sad to see that, If you need anything I can help with, let me know in PM's and I will attempt to assist.

Chaz

• High-Functioning, Friendly, Neighborhood Reprobate and Worst Buddhist Ever
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2020, 07:17:09 PM »
Well....I'm sad to see that, If you need anything I can help with, let me know in PM's and I will attempt to assist.

Anemephistus - I'm really glad to see you're back. 

Thanks for the offer of assistance, but everything's pretty much covered for now.

One thing you can do is start something!  Post a topic and lets talk!

Anemephistus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2020, 12:21:29 AM »
Sounds good. I'll get some content wound up...Gimme a day  ;D

MarasAndBuddhas

• a naughty and ambivalent buddhist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2020, 09:53:35 PM »
thank you for telling us why you reset the server, im glad the problem wasn't of a political or ideological nature.

What is TOS?
When thoughts arise, then do all things arise. When thoughts vanish, then do all things vanish.

anything