Author Topic: Introductions  (Read 710 times)

Chaz

• High-Functioning, Friendly, Neighborhood Reprobate and Worst Buddhist Ever
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Introductions
« on: September 02, 2020, 01:04:06 AM »
No bother, but if you're new, introduce yourself!!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2020, 01:07:46 AM by Chaz »

Chaz

• High-Functioning, Friendly, Neighborhood Reprobate and Worst Buddhist Ever
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Introductions
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2020, 01:19:10 AM »
I suppose that seeing this is a new site, I think I should into myself.

I'm Chaz.  I was a member of the old site for a few years, and was a Global Moderator there.  When we set up this new site, I was made an Administrator, which by default includes global moderation.

I live in South Carolina near Charlotte, NC.

I practice in the Kagyu lineage, but have had considerable exposure to the Shambhala lineage via study, practice and aquaintance including a number of people who formally practiced under Chogyam Trungpa's guidance.  I choose to never reveal the identity of my root guru.

Gibbon

• May all beings be happy and well.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2020, 05:15:38 PM »
Hello, this is Gibbon, born behind the Iron Curtain and now living in the States.  I have been practicing in the Gelugpa tradition (the Ganden lineage transmitted through the great Pabongka Rinpoche) since the mid-90's. 

My first encounter with the Dharma was through meeting a Kagyu lama, Trungram Gyaltrul Rinpoche, in Chicago in 1992.  As soon as I entered the center, the thought arose in my mind: "Tibetan Buddhism is where I belong!"

Freesangha has been a mainstay for me for many years and I am very happy that the forum is back.  Thank you Wonky Badger and Chaz for making it happen.  Looking forward to many more years participating in this great forum.

Wonky Badger

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2020, 05:56:34 PM »
Wonky here. I founded FreeSangha in 2009 after the E-Sangha forum went offline. I hoped to create a place where Buddhists of all traditions could meet and exchange thoughts and ideas with an open mind. Turned out that I'm not a very good forum admin since I've been absent for long times (luckily others, lately mostly Chaz, have been holding the fort), but I do feel that there is a need for a place like FreeSangha.

I live in the Åland Islands between Finland and Sweden and I practice Zen (unfortunately almost as badly as I admin forums) but I still believe that a day will come when I will focus more on my practice.

Anemephistus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2020, 12:48:09 AM »
Wonky here. I founded FreeSangha in 2009 after the E-Sangha forum went offline. I hoped to create a place where Buddhists of all traditions could meet and exchange thoughts and ideas with an open mind. Turned out that I'm not a very good forum admin since I've been absent for long times (luckily others, lately mostly Chaz, have been holding the fort), but I do feel that there is a need for a place like FreeSangha.

I live in the Åland Islands between Finland and Sweden and I practice Zen (unfortunately almost as badly as I admin forums) but I still believe that a day will come when I will focus more on my practice.

Wonkey, I have been seeing your name on that list for years and I believe this is the first time I have seen you post.

I am good at saying a lot and visiting regularly, I am bad at not being very technical and keeping things succinct, an art I am working on. I found this place several years ago and the result of your effort has been very valuable I have appreciated it a lot. Whatever comes next, thank you. Thank you as well Chaz, I know you are doing a lot of work.

anything