Author Topic: Jeffrey the Meditator  (Read 566 times)

Chaz

• High-Functioning, Friendly, Neighborhood Reprobate and Worst Buddhist Ever
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Jeffrey the Meditator
« on: October 08, 2020, 01:52:22 AM »
Back in the day, when Pterodactyls ruled the skies, I had a meditation teacher named Jeffrey Stevens.  He was well-known in Buddhist circles around Denver as one of the best MIs anywhere.

Fast forward to today.

My old friend struck out on his own a few years back and founded a meditation community holding group meditation without all the fluff of lineage.

For the record, Jeffrey comes from a Tibetan/Shambhala background.

A couple weeks ago he started a YouTube channel for .... welll .... meditation.  He's got a couple videos posted and will be releasing more.   Jeffrey's style has changed since our hunter/gatherer days together.  Today, he reminds of Ze Frank ....... if Ze Frank were to teach meditation ...... which he doesn't ..... but would still be pretty good if he did.

I recommend checking it out:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOyzwLLkhhrvLu4nJsOsn3w

Like and Subscribe

Gibbon

• May all beings be happy and well.
    • View Profile
Re: Jeffrey the Meditator
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2020, 09:12:51 PM »
I watched and enjoyed both videos, thank you for sharing, Chaz!  Also reading the posts/articles on his website.  You were lucky to have had such an instructor.

Now, to find out who Ze Frank is...

Chaz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2020, 06:07:35 PM »
I've been in touch with JtM.  He and his team are expecting to release the next video soon and have been working of a release schedule that will take them into the Spring.

Gibbon - find Ze Frank?

Gibbon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2020, 04:03:56 PM »
Thanks for reminding me about Ze Frank -- I spent quite a bit of time yesterday laughing my head off.  Also learned surprising new things about the animal kingdom.

Chaz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2020, 05:51:36 PM »
Thanks for reminding me about Ze Frank -- I spent quite a bit of time yesterday laughing my head off.  Also learned surprising new things about the animal kingdom.

Did you find true facts about Morgan Freeman?

Gibbon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2020, 05:31:47 PM »
Yes!!  Then I found Your Life in Jelly Beans, bummer.

Ze Frank seems to be popular with meditators:
https://geriwilimekmbsr.com/2020/04/11/a-musical-gift/

Anemephistus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2020, 05:22:56 PM »
Back in the day, when Pterodactyls ruled the skies, I had a meditation teacher named Jeffrey Stevens.  He was well-known in Buddhist circles around Denver as one of the best MIs anywhere.

Fast forward to today.

My old friend struck out on his own a few years back and founded a meditation community holding group meditation without all the fluff of lineage.

For the record, Jeffrey comes from a Tibetan/Shambhala background.

A couple weeks ago he started a YouTube channel for .... welll .... meditation.  He's got a couple videos posted and will be releasing more.   Jeffrey's style has changed since our hunter/gatherer days together.  Today, he reminds of Ze Frank ....... if Ze Frank were to teach meditation ...... which he doesn't ..... but would still be pretty good if he did.

I recommend checking it out:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOyzwLLkhhrvLu4nJsOsn3w

Like and Subscribe

I love Ze frank... -"The next time someone tries to mug you, you turn around and..." maybe this is not appropriate here, but lets say that I have a certain respect for the sea cucumber that I lacked before he made a video....

anything