Author Topic: east and west  (Read 157 times)

MarasAndBuddhas

• a naughty and ambivalent buddhist
    • View Profile
Re: east and west
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2020, 08:59:07 PM »
you seem like a very calm and non-egotistical buddhist
When thoughts arise, then do all things arise. When thoughts vanish, then do all things vanish.

MarasAndBuddhas

• a naughty and ambivalent buddhist
    • View Profile
Re: east and west
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2020, 11:37:04 PM »
i'm glad you are learning about rural america, i

You presume too much.  I don't live in a rural area.

yet i've found that people in cities are just as prejudicial and suspicious towards strangers, so I don't know how I would work that out other than being perfect,

It really doesn't make any sense to me if you are telling me not to try to be perfect if you are doing the typical thing that people do: you impose double standards of communication. For instance, i wasn't calling anyone a redneck, i just assumed you were because you made a GROSS GENERALIZATION about "the people where you live". I shouldn't be the only person who has to be careful about what they assume about other people, %^&*ing practice what you preach, i'm tired of everyone being a total hypocrite.

You can't be perfect.  Don't try.

Trungpa Rinpoche once said that Buddhism was about becoming a genuine human being.  That doesn't not include being "perfect", whatever that means.

so I don't know how I would work that out in the long run without tremendous suffering.

If you try to become something that's impossible to achieve, I guarantee you will suffer for it.
When thoughts arise, then do all things arise. When thoughts vanish, then do all things vanish.

anything